- For the safety of the students, no one is allowed in any studio without a teacher present.
- Be kind to your classmates and refrain from gossip.
- Only water is permitted in the classrooms—no food, drink, or gum.
- No street shoes on the dance floors.
- No cell phones allowed in studios. No phone calls or texting during class time.
- Arrive on time for class or slightly early.
- Come to class dressed appropriately—follow the established dress code.
- Hair must be pulled back and off the face and in a bun for ballet and in a pony for all other classes.
- Show respect to your teacher at all times.
- Do not touch the mirrors (safety issue).
- Do not hang on the ballet barres.
- Put trash in the proper place and pick up after yourself.
- Please use the restroom before class begins.
- Do not wear dance shoes outside.
- Have your child arrive at class on time or slightly early. It is a disruption to the entire class when you arrive late. This is especially the case in the 2-3 and 4-5-year-old classes because interruptions make it necessary for the teacher to have to settle down the students all over again.
- Please do not interrupt a class in session to talk to the teacher. If you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please make arrangements with the front desk.
- Pick your child up promptly after class.
- Please refrain from gossip; focus on your child only.
- All tuition payments are on auto-pay with the tuition payments being made at midnight of the 25th of each month (i.e., tuition is due on September 25 for October; October 25 for November, etc.).
- Credit cards that are declined will incur a $25 late fee.
We require 30 days WRITTEN NOTICE VIA EMAIL to cancel your child’s enrollment at Step Up. The notice must be given prior to the due date of the next month’s tuition which always occurs on the 25th of every month. If notice is not given by the 25th of the month, your card will be charged for the next month’s payment.
In addition, tuition cannot be placed “on hold” for a period of time. If your child cannot attend classes, you must give notice prior to the 25th of the month. Your child will be dropped from enrollment. Students wishing to re-enroll will have to again complete the registration process. We cannot guarantee that there will be space for the child to return to the same class.
Any outstanding balances on costumes, tickets, shoes, or any other fees are due at this time.
Make-ups for missed classes are available for absences caused by an illness/injury and must be done within 30 days of the absence at the student’s level or below. Make-ups cannot be made at a higher level. Please schedule all make-up classes with the front desk. Classes that are full cannot host a make-up lesson. No refunds or credits will be given for missed classes and will not be carried over to the next tuition period.
If you need to cancel a private lesson, you must give 24 hours notice. Failure to do so will result in full billing of missed time.
Placement is determined by age, physical development, and level of previous training. Other determining factors may be:
- Class participation
Where to get answers
Important information is posted on the bulletin boards located in the front lobby. In addition, our website, www.stepupacademy.com is kept current with all important information. Please check the bulletin boards and the website regularly or stop by the front desk for assistance.